http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/us/10protest.html?_r=1&ref=politics&oref=slogin
Even though I am personally not crazy about gay people getting married, I do not think it fair to tell people what they can and cannot do. People do not ask to be gay and I think it wrong that America goes through so much trouble to punish them for their sexual preference. I love how people are so passionate about gay people getting married and yet they show no concern to real issues haunting our nation today.People act like gay people are monsters,when gay people are just like every other person. Gay people are not bothering us, so why do we make gay marriage such a big issue. If you do not like, turn the other way. It's really not a hard thing to do. It sickens me to see people so enraged by gay people. They even go as far as to beating and discriminating people who are gay. It not fair that California legalize gay marriage one minute, and then takes it away another minute. Where is the democracy in that? Who are we to tell people who they can and cannot married?Doesn't it say in our Constitution people are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Many gay people are not happy , and their liberty is being threatened everyday. What happen to not mixing mixing religion with government? I think peoples' religion have a strong influence on people acceptance of gay. If the Bible did not say marriage should be between a man and a woman, people would not be acting or feeling the way they do now. Everyone keeps saying it is wrong. I just wonder how people would feel if the government would tell certain people they could not get married because it wrong. Not more than 50 years ago, Calfornia was saying it was wrong for a black person and white person to get married. California should never legalized gay marriage in the first place if they were planning planning to remove They gave so much false hope to the millions of gay people out there. As a state, California actions were very cruel. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said that this issue might go through the court systems. Why must this process go through the court system again. It is going to take at least two to three years before Calofinia court systems makes any major decisions. As for now, gay people must suffer and wait.
Even though I am personally not crazy about gay people getting married, I do not think it fair to tell people what they can and cannot do. People do not ask to be gay and I think it wrong that America goes through so much trouble to punish them for their sexual preference. I love how people are so passionate about gay people getting married and yet they show no concern to real issues haunting our nation today.People act like gay people are monsters,when gay people are just like every other person. Gay people are not bothering us, so why do we make gay marriage such a big issue. If you do not like, turn the other way. It's really not a hard thing to do. It sickens me to see people so enraged by gay people. They even go as far as to beating and discriminating people who are gay. It not fair that California legalize gay marriage one minute, and then takes it away another minute. Where is the democracy in that? Who are we to tell people who they can and cannot married?Doesn't it say in our Constitution people are entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Many gay people are not happy , and their liberty is being threatened everyday. What happen to not mixing mixing religion with government? I think peoples' religion have a strong influence on people acceptance of gay. If the Bible did not say marriage should be between a man and a woman, people would not be acting or feeling the way they do now. Everyone keeps saying it is wrong. I just wonder how people would feel if the government would tell certain people they could not get married because it wrong. Not more than 50 years ago, Calfornia was saying it was wrong for a black person and white person to get married. California should never legalized gay marriage in the first place if they were planning planning to remove They gave so much false hope to the millions of gay people out there. As a state, California actions were very cruel. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said that this issue might go through the court systems. Why must this process go through the court system again. It is going to take at least two to three years before Calofinia court systems makes any major decisions. As for now, gay people must suffer and wait.
1 comment:
Good job Sam. It would be interesting to put people in another shoe. I would love to see those people switch their lives (religious zealots and gay activists) and see how they would fair. I think that doing that in general would really eliminate a lot of the racial and cultural conflicts.
Mr. L
Post a Comment