
Count on the times to publish an article so minimally biased, and almost completely fact based. I for one would never have been able to write an article so objective about Sarah Palin, a woman who I consider the to be the greatest threat to the country, if McCain is elected that is. I was surprised by some of her political stances and had my previous ideas confirmed by her other stances.
On the ill-addressed issue of health care, she has pushed to have more competition among hospitals by removing some of Alaska's regulations that deny the openings of more hospitals. This is the first sensible political policy that I've known her to have. Increased competition would lower prices without employing socialized health care, too which I am vehemently opposed.
However, I was not impressed by her foriegn policy experience in trade. Under her administration Alaska has taken a step back in its role in the Northern Forum, a move that has cost her valuable foriegn policy experience. If only she had stepped up into that role maybe she wouldn't have been as ridiculed by me, SNL and the media.
Her veiws on the enviroment sicken me. Drilling off-shore, drilling in ANWR, and the construction of a natural gas pipeline solely for job creation baffels me. Not to mention that the state of Alaska doesn't need the revenue it will gain from ravaging America's last true wilderness, they already have a surplus. On top of that, she is hard pressed to believe that human activity is the root cause of climate change.
I was happy to learn that as governor she is yet to impose her out dated social beliefs on Alaska.
1 comment:
You made some very strong points about the article, which was fairly well written. Remember though that the Times, for all of its greatness, is still a little bit weak when it comes to objectivity.
I would have liked to have seen you bring a little bit more of the class concepts into the article, but all in all good job.
Mr. L
Post a Comment